Sunday, September 7, 2014

Lynnderella: Until there was Blue, SoNoHo, Flat Irony & Red Moon at Night!

Tonight I have 4 amazing Lynnderella's I received from Paul this weekend for review. I was so excited to try all these and they don't disappoint!

First, I'll talk about the new fall collection. It's called Fall in Love with New York, and there are 9 colors. Paul sent me 2 and I have 4 more coming to me this week that will be up here soon. This new collection really means a lot to me, seeing as how I was born, raised and still live in New York. Lynn captured fall in New York perfectly!

The first one up is Flat Irony. I didn't think I'd like this color at all, but it trend out to be my favorite one from the batch. It's a burnt orange/red micro glitter with a black base. The formula is perfect. It dries to an almost matte finish, so I've showed the color both with and without a top coat so you can see the difference because there is one. I am in love with this color and I regret not wearing it last so I could continue wearing it for the next few days without reapplying and wasting. I used 2 coats alone for full opacity. With and without top coat in artificial lighting.




















Next up is another color from the new fall collection, called SoNoHo. SNH is filled blue and purple glitter. Lynn describes them as cobalt and orchid. There are orchid circles, and tons of orchid and cobalt hexes in different sizes. I wanted to show SNH over a few different colors so you can see what it looks like. This polish is very thick and may require a few drops of thinner. I used one coat of SNH with the dab & pull method and it was almost too much. It's a beautiful glitter, though, and I really love the colors. From L-R I used as undies: Illamasqua Fern, Illamasqua Cameo, Illamasqua Nurture and Illamasqua Stance. Two coats each of the illamasqua's and 1 coat of SoNoHo. No top coat. All photos taken in artificial light.











Next up I have a new, unreleased (at the time of this post) limited edition color called Until there was Blue! Not to be confused with 'Till there was Blue. UTWB is another blue and purple glitter with some magenta thrown in. There's a ton of shimmer in this polish. There are very light purple hexes, dark purple hexes, blue holo circles and so much more. This is another blue home run from Lynn. I used Christian Dior in Electric Blue as the undies, 2 coats. 1 coat of Until there was Blue (it is a bit on the thick side, but applies well) and no top coat. Photos are all in artificial light.





















Last up is the newest addition to the Light Year collection, Red Moon at Night. I feel like Paul read my mind sending me this because I really wanted it. And it's really awesome in person. RMAN is packed with shimmer and holo. It has matte and holo glitters in black, blue and red. It has red holo moons and lots of hexes, squares, circles and stars. This is another glitter that's so dense it lies a bit on the thicker side, so 1 coat will suffice. I wanted to show this color over a dark color & a light color so you can see the difference. I used Illamasqua in Load (3 coats) as the light base and OPI in 4 in the Morning (2 coats) as the dark. 1 coat of RMAN and no top coat. Artificial lighting again.
































No comments:

Post a Comment