Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cirque Colors: Night Sky & Lynnderella: Dark Star!

I love when I can use my 2 favorite brands together and tonight I got to do just that!

Cirque Colors is a NYC based indie brand. Annie, the owner, is incredibly talented and very sweet. I've met her a few times at her sample sales in Brooklyn and she couldn't be a nicer person. One thing I really love about Cirque is that you can tell Annie puts her all into every color she makes. She puts so much care and thought into her collections and it shows. I've been a huge fan of Cirque's from the brands inception and I swear by every single one I own. Cirque's are scented. I don't know how to describe the scent so this is taken directly from Cirque's website:

"Each bottle holds 0.45 Fl. Oz. of product and contains high quality essential oils, such as lavender and clary sage, to lend your hands a subtle scent after the polish dries."

I love the way the polishes smell. It's unique and a really nice touch.

Night Sky is a deep blue linear holo. It's lighter than navy and really does look like a night sky. The holo is very prominent. Cirque's holos have a great formula. They apply smooth and look flawless. I used 2 coats for full opacity with no top coat.




















Then I added Lynnderella's Dark Star. DS is a Paulish. Lynn's brother, Paul, chose the name. I know some of them are inspired gv The Grateful Dead. I'm not sure if this is one of those since I'm not a Dead fan, but whatever the reason behind the name, it fits the polish perfectly. I've been lucky enough to snag almost all the Paulishes and I love them all. Dark Star has a clear base with blue shimmer and has black, silver, pink and blue glitters in different shapes and sizes. There are lots of stars, moons and mini stars. Plus scattered holo micro glitter. DS applies nicely, it's not too thick or thin. I used 2 coats with Dior's Gel top coat. All photos taken in artificial light.


























You can find Lynnderella's at Lynnderella.com - Lynn's eBay site. Dark Star is a limited edition, auction only color.

You can find Cirque's at cirquecolors.com - and keep your eyes open for Annie's new collection called the Burlesque Collection, coming out September 25th! There are 4 gorgeous holos in this collection and every single one of them is a must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment