Monday, August 18, 2014

Urban Decay: Mildew!

Today I have a vintage Urban Decay from the original line that came out in 1997. It's called Mildew and it's an olive green color.

I started collecting UD and Hard Candy makeup when I was 14. I owned the entire UD line back then, and a lot of HC stuff. Unfortunately most of it's long gone. I was fortunate enough to find 6 of the original UD polishes by a very kind & generous girl on Facebook. She sold me Mildew, Scream, Live Wire, Gash, Spare Change and Fender Bender. Scream is a black creme, Live Wire is a gray/green/purple multichrome, Gash is a deep red, Spare Change is an off white shimmer/glitter and Fender Bender is a light blue with shimmer. Unfortunately Scream and Spare Change are pretty unsalvageable, but I did get the others to work pretty well and will be showing them all here soon! I also just got my hands on a few very old HC's from the original 1996 Christmas collection - some of the hardest to find HC's ever. I can't wait to show those here as well. This polish is very old and far from perfect looking, hell I was lucky enough to get it to work! I tried my hardest, but it's never going to look as good as newer colors. Please don't mind the fact that it doesn't look absolutely amazing.

I used 2 coats of Mildew alone with no top coat. It took A LOT of thinner to get it to work, but it works well now. I hope everyone enjoys these vintage polishes as much as I do, I know it's very nostalgic for a lot of girls!









No comments:

Post a Comment