Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Colors by Llarowe: Blonde Ambition & Mojito!

Today I have some Colors by Llarowe polishes to show you! I really love and swear by CBL's. They're some of the best holos I've ever used and I've been a big fan from the beginning. I love the formula...they're creamy but not thick and they don't have that awful foil formula (think Layla or GOSH) that chips so easily. I have about 60 CBL's..most of them are holos..and I can't wait to share them all with you!

First up is Mojito, which is a minty green linear holo. Lighter colors tend to not be super holo because the holo gets lost in the super light colors. That's why there aren't many true neon holos that are both intensely neon and holo at the same time. Neon yellow and orange linear holos that are both insanely neon & insanely holo are almost impossible to come by. I think Leah Ann does a very good job balancing the amount of holo pigment with this particular color green. You can see in photos 2 & 4 (which are a tiny bit blurry on purpose to capture the true holo) how holo the polish is.

Below is 2 coats of Mojito in artificial light. No top coat.


Next up is Blonde Ambition! I took a gamble with this polish because I'm usually really not into colors like this. Nudes, beige, champagne and browns aren't my style at all. But I wanted to try something different and so I purchased Blonde Ambition. BA is a champagne/nude strong linear holo. The holo in this is much stronger and more prominent than in Mojito. I was pleasantly surprised by this. I really thought I'd hate it because colors like this don't suit me. But I ended up enjoying it and wearing it for a few days.

Below is 2 coats of Blonde Ambition in artificial light. No top coat.


You can find Colors by Llarowe polishes on Llarowe.com. Holos are $12 each. Blonde Ambition is in stock, Mojito is not. What I love about Llarowe is that Leah Ann has pre-orders and I think they're incredibly helpful and such a good idea. Plus there's a 30 minute cart hold, which is also a big plus in my book. I've never once had an issue ordering from Llarowe and have been doing so for 2.5 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment